Thursday, November 30, 2006

It Can't be December Yet

I have a small request. Let's delay December this year. Just a few months. Just long enough for me to catch up with everyone else. Everyone who has started Christmas shopping, paid their property taxes, car insurance and college tuition bills. Give me a chance to get my checkbook out of the red - as festive as that crimson spiral is, to me it is more like spilled blood than holiday lights.

Give me a few weeks to find out what is wrong with the smoke alarms in my house, why they keep going off for no reason. I need to call an electrician - but I can't afford it right now. I need a few days to convince my home insurance carrier that cancelling my policy really isn't necessary. I need to get an oil change before I void the warranty of my car, and my son has been driving on a donut tire for way too long.

All I'm asking for is a month, a few weeks, a couple of days. December cannot start yet. I'm not ready.

No comments: