Monday, May 14, 2012

The Dragon Factory (Joe Ledger, #2)The Dragon Factory by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Another page-turner, this one deals with eugenics, old threats with new technology, and plenty of monsters, including the most frightening - the human. The mountains of gore and detailed description of fighting maneuvers are a bit too intense for me, however, the storyline keeps me reading, and I am already looking for the next one. I am not happy about all the outcomes, killing off the sole strong female broke my heart. I so wanted her to live and give us female readers someone to identify with. And the other thing that I didn't like ( and believe me, I've had this issue in my own books) was the high amount of errors - some of which really confused me. For example, in one instance, a character called Eighty-Two is suddenly referred to as Eighty-Six, making me think another clone had entered the storyline. Nonetheless, a fun read with some pretty heavy subtext.


View all my reviews

No comments: