Friday, April 27, 2012

Review of "Patient Zero" by Jonathan Maberry

Patient Zero (Joe Ledger, #1)Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Since I am not a big fan of zombies, I purchased this book because it promised to be more than a zombie book. And, wow, did it keep that promise! Not only does this take a completely different spin on zombies, it weaves in a swift-moving contemporary plot involving terrorists, secret government agencies, double- and triple-crosses, psychology and pure mayhem. Joe Ledger joins Miles Flint on my list of reluctant heroes, doing battle with clashing cultures, inhuman creatures and evil on a massive scale. As a native of New Jersey, I also appreciated the local color of the Tri-State area that Maberry added to this book.

I look forward to reading the other books in the series, as well as the prequel short stories.

View all my reviews

No comments: